Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scientist Richard Dawkins

Scientist Richard Dawkins wrote In his great book THE GOD DELUSION: “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sado-masochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” I entirely agree. I would like, however, to add that the God of the New Testament is even more unpleasant. In order to save the world away from sin, instead of getting the devil captured and crucified dead on the cross, He had, instead, his own Son Jesus arrested, abused, and nailed to a cross who, while nailed to a cross, cried cried out loud: “My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me.” Really, I ask: are these the words of a Redeemer or a Savior? In the meantime, I do not consider it a threat or a chill, but rather a joy and a thrill to be identified as an atheist. I have no taste to be a man of faith, A man of faith is a drunkard who clings to a lamppost for support, not illumination. Poch Suzara

No comments: