Thursday, February 19, 2009

Troubled Life

We are told that if your life is in trouble, there is always God to fix it. We are not told, however, that everybody’s life is in trouble of some kind or the other. In fact, nobody’s life is free from trouble. Consider the day we are born: it is the day we also begin to live in a dying body.

In terms of eternity our troubled life on this speck of dust called “earth” is but a split of a second long. What value is there in human life not long lasting enough for God to bother fixing?

As an atheist, I am not afraid to face the facts. I have no wish to distort such facts into an insane pattern. Indeed, just like everyone else, I too was born an atheist. Surely, one day, I shall die as an atheist. After all, for billions of years before my birth I existed as a thoughtless nothing; and for billions of years after my death – I will then be again existing as a thoughtless nothing. - Poch Suzara

No comments: