Sunday, February 01, 2009

Class-mates and School-mates

My La Salle class-mates and school-mates are shocked. They are horrified to hear what in recent years I have been publicly declaring, consistently, and fearlessly that: - I am no longer a Catholic. I have become an atheist. A devout heretic. Well, if they are shocked with me, I am even more shocked at them. These grown-up highly educated men are still pretty much active with the infantile prayer that every La Salle student uttered before and after every class during grade school, high school, and in college: “St. John Baptist De la Salle, pray for us.” “Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.” As I look into the hearts and minds of these college-educated men, what I sadly found there is not love of country; only love for divinity. Indeed, like a bunch of religious morons – they have more love for Jesus, the Son of God, and more love for Mary, the Mother of God than they do have love for their own mother, father, brothers, sisters, and yea, their own life also. I should know. I was once that kind of a religious sap myself when I was in grade school and eventually expelled out of La Salle high school. Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest
but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. All the best
Take a look at my weblog ... bakida satilik evler