Saturday, May 30, 2009

Famous American Priest

Father James B. Rueter proudly said: “I have tried to be a priest. A priest is a bridge ...a bridge between
God and man .... a channel of God's love, peace and joy.”

It is truly pathetic, if not moronic, not to mention just simply diabolic: millions of Filipinos still believe that a God out there – the creator of the universe, the administrator of heaven and hell and purgatory, an all-knowing divinity, eternal, holy, immortal, immense, immutable, incomprehensible, ineffable, infinite, invisible, just, loving, merciful, most high, most wise, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, patient, perfect, and a supreme being - would nevertheless need an American priest to be a bridge between God and the Filipinos as a channel for the so-called “God’s love, peace, and joy.” Why? What’s wrong with the Filipino priests? Are they not as good enough?

Really, in God’s name in heaven and for his glory on earth, I ask: just how sick can we Filipinos be as the Sick Man of Asia in this already 21st century?

For my part, after I am dead, I hope to meet with God. I will ask Him to please forgive me for having wasted many precious years of my life as a thoughtless and a frightened Catholic. Specially when I was victimized as a student in grade school and a high school at De La Salle University. I was taught to believe and to have faith not in Filipino priests, but only in American priests. Poch Suzara

No comments: