Sunday, May 31, 2009

God

God

Voltaire, the famous 18th century French atheist, said: “If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.”

Mikhail Bakunin, the famous Russian atheist, said: “I reverse the phrase of Voltaire, and say that, if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him.”

For my part, as a not yet famous Filipino atheist, I say: “What does it matter whether God exists or does not exist? So, after death, and owing to our mental capacity; or, as the case may be – mental incapacity - I will be rewarded in heaven; or, as the case may be - I will be punished in hell for all the rest of eternity – so what?

What is there to be afraid of or to be happy about? After all, infinity and human stupidity are one and the same senseless and endless baloney. Poch Suzara

No comments: