Sunday, May 31, 2009

What If

What if after death, it turns out there is God standing right in front of me ready to judge my beliefs and values while I lived on this earth? What will I say then?

I will ask God to forgive me for having wasted so many precious years of my life as a boy at home and in school, I was certainly frightened to believe in a lot of religious nonsense. I knew more about Jesus Christ than I hardly knew about Jose Rizal – a Filipino thinker. I will ask God to forgive me for having been faithful as a devout Catholic. Indeed, to forgive me for having wasted my youthful years uselessly praying daily in school, and praying nightly at home. Confession every Friday. Mass and communion every Sunday. Attended novena every Wednesday. Family rosary every single night. To forgive me for having lived a life of fear and submission not only as a stupid sinner, but also as a greedy, selfish, and utterly thoughtless Christian. Oh yes dear God, please forgive me for having been not the intelligent master, but only the stupid victim of Christianity. And I hope you will find it in your heart to appreciate that my life only began to make beautiful sense, indeed, only began to have more meaning when I gradually discovered the creative path toward the beauty of atheism. Poch Suzara

No comments: