Thursday, July 02, 2009

Bertrand Russell and Happiness

Bertrand Russell wrote: "Pleasure in itself is a good, but not a very important good, and it cannot satisfactorily be made an end of life because it does not entail progressive activity. To achieve happiness it is necessary to have some end never completely realized, but always in the process of realization. Ambition, parental affection, scientific curiosity, artistic creativeness, supply such activities; a man or woman who is absorbed in one of these and is not wholly unsuccessful can achieve a measure of happiness, but a man or woman who lives for pleasurable moments is certain, ultimately, to be the prey of unendurable boredom.”

As for me – I am enjoying my life as I am indeed a happy individual. I am happy because I found a job, nay, a lifetime career – to be involved in the war against Christianity which to defeat will take as yet another a century. Poch Suzara

No comments: