Thursday, July 02, 2009

No life after Death

So there is no life after death! So what? Listen to Bertrand Russell – the philosopher who saved not stupid souls, but cultivated instead intelligent minds:

“I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young, and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.”

In the meantime, nothing is more natural than to believe that death is definite, not tentative. Or that death is a transition to a better life to come. Nothing is more absurd than to believe that the dead man is still living. Indeed, to pretend that we will be happy or unhappy after death of the body, is to pretend that we will still be able to see without eyes, to hear without ears, to taste without palate, to smell without a nose, and to feel without hands and skin. To propagate without the physical means to sexually penetrate. Poch Suzara

No comments: