Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The free will Bullshit

It is written in the holy bible: “God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things that are mighty.” 1 Cor. 1:27 Well, here’s more free will bullshit from the same holy bible: “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock. And it shall be opened unto you; for everyone that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that To think that for more than 400 years now we Filipinos, proud of our free will, so deep in our faith in God - have not ceased asking, have not ceased seeking, have not ceased knocking – only to be told over and over again by God’s rich and powerful agents or representatives that we must only repeat the request, or do it again and again, or pray harder, never give up, and never lose faith because God is good and kind and loving. The daily bread for everyone will be coming very soon for all Filipinos to enjoy in the Philippines. In the meantime, since 1990s about 15,000,000 (million) Filipinos have already migrated to live and work in some 168 foreign countries most of them non-christian countries enjoying not only a higher standard of living, enjoying not only a higher standard of thinking, but also enjoying the availability of a government that works in such foreign countries. Poch Suzara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I moved out of the Philippines a few months ago and am now living in America. Although America still deals with a lot of religious bullshit (the Christian fundamentalist kooks), I feel waaay better here than back there. At least here, people sincerely believe and are fighting for separation of church and state. I can't even say something like that exists back there.

Karl Marx once said, "Religion is the opiate of the people." While I differ in opinion with most of Marx's teachings, I definitely agree with his views on religion. Sadly, whenever I encounter this statement, the Philippines always comes to mind. We are a country high on religion. It always baffles me how many educated intellectuals there are back there who continue to strictly uphold their religion as the ultimate truth. Makes me wonder if they read the same history textbooks that I did. What irony is contained in the veneration of Rizal as the national hero!

It ultimately saddens me how people cannot see all this. I have not given up hope on the Philippines, but I must admit that the hope that I see for the country is very dim.

I'm happy to have stumbled upon your blog. As a Filipino and an atheist, I am incredibly relieved to have found someone who shares both my ethnic heritage and religious non-belief. Thank you for blogging your thoughts; you make me feel more optimistic about the future of the Philippines. Keep it up! :)

-Anda

Poch Suzara said...

Thanks Anda. Soon my book will be published in china - cheaper and better quality paper and production than if printed in this God-forsaken country. The title of my book: - THE FAILURE OF EDUCATION UNDER THE SUCCESS OF CHRISTIANITY IN THE PHILIPPINES.
Please keep in touch. Poch Suzara