Saturday, November 28, 2009

Teachers and Professors

Those incapable of higher or deeper learning have taken to teaching... Indeed, for the most part, we are all the victims, not the masters of - education. Our teachers in school, and professors in college teach the same subject year in and year out – most of it obsolete especially on what to believe, and not on how to think. Most of it about old answers; hardly ever about new questions. As if knowledge should only be based upon authority and therefore static and not creative. In fact, knowledge and its growth and development should always be based upon the power of reason and therefore prolific, if not always elastic... For my part, as a little boy, I was always eager to learn things until my parents enrolled me in a Catholic school. Bad teaching made me stupid and fearsome. And so I engineered my own expulsion out of high school in order to save what was left of my distorted mind and twisted heart... We must always remember how limited our present knowledge must be, and in what unexpected ways it is likely to grow and develop. If there centuries were yet to come for mankind, the logic, mathematics, and science of this century will become obsolete. Just as much as the logic, mathematics, and science of the previous centuries have become obsolete in this century. Poch Suzara

No comments: