Thursday, January 27, 2011

Why I left the Catholic Church

Catholic theologians know all about God on earth as God is in heaven. That God is "almighty, eternal, holy, immortal, infinite, immense, immutable, invisible, just, loving, merciful, most high, most wise, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, patient, perfect, supreme, and true." But none of these well-informed Catholic theologians could answer my simple question: who amongst my dead grandparents, dead great grandparents, dead uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews, nieces, and dead in-laws, dead friends and dead teachers and mentors happily made it to heaven; and, who are the ones now suffering eternal fire burning in hell? Indeed, theology is purely based upon ignorance reduced to a system of lies and deceptions. But the real reason why I left the Catholic was due to the fact that just like every one else, I too was born an atheist. Indeed, coming out of mother's womb, I had no concept of a God in heaven or a devil in hell. However, after birth, I was raised and educated as a Catholic; especially to believe in the Son of God Jesus. Well, much to my consternation, I eventually discovered by reading the bible that Jesus himself was not a Catholic. He was never baptized by Catholic priests. Also, God himself, the Father of Jesus, was never ever a Catholic God. Poch Suzara

No comments: