Monday, April 18, 2011

My Sane and Wonderful Gods

A legend is told of the creation of the universe. The gods held a conference and one of them said, "Let us give to man the same creative power that we ourselves possess. Where shall we hide this priceless gift?"

Another answered, "Let us hide it where man will never think to look for it: within his own mind."

Indeed, if my parents at home and my teachers in school had taught me to believe
in the existence of such kind and loving Gods, never would I have ever become
an atheist. Indeed, I would always love, worship, and adore, from the cradle to the grave, the delightful existence of such Gods!

Unfortunately, everybody at my home and everybody in my school were not the courageous masters of religion; but the frightened victims of religion. We were all frightened to believe in a God who was always cold-blooded in perfection, always silly in the business of creation, always hungry for admiration, and indeed, always ready to punish any or all of us if we ignored his holy bible garbage more known as divine revelation!

I said it before when I was 14 years old at home and in school, and I say it again now that I am 74 years old - fuck that holy shit! Poch Suzara

2 comments:

Fogrider said...

Mr.Suzara,

Sadly,you seem to have had a terrible experience with God as a child. I am not Cathloic;I belong to the Christian Church. However, what I truly am is a follower of Christ. I am certainly not perfect,but I do cherish my faith. What happened to you that has made you despise Christianity? I appreciate your passion. Thank you for reading my response.

Poch Suzara said...

My Dear Fogrider,

Please read Luke 14:26, Luke 19:27, and Matt. 10:34-37.
And if you can still be a follower of Christ, then I can only say two things: Either you do not read your own bible; or, you have been too frightened since childhood days to believe in a lot of holy baloney, if not sacred malarkey. Poch Suzara