Saturday, March 16, 2013

Education - the Greatest Tragedy in the Philippines

“Faced with the difficulty of not being able to pay her tuition, a 16-year old female freshman at the University of the Philippines-Manila has reportedly poisoned herself.” - Newsdesk Asia. This, indeed, is a great tragedy. But let us begin to look at the much greater tragedy: all of our schools, colleges, and universities, especially those owned by the Catholic church - are NOT educational institutions; on the contrary, they are COMMERCIAL enterprises. I said it before, I say it again: In the Philippines, we are all born ignorant; not corrupt. We are made corrupt by education! And due to corruption being endemic here, pandemic there, and satanic everywhere in the Philippines, the only kind of freedom we Filipinos enjoy is the freedom to enjoy mediocrity, endlessly! Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to fresh updates and will share this website with my Facebook group.
Chat soon!

My blog; Vouchers and coupons