Thursday, March 14, 2013

We Shall Never Find God

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. It is not disbelief that is dangerous to our society; it is belief." George Bernard Shaw For my part, I said it before I say it again: We shall never find God in this life; and that is what makes life tragic. But to keep on searching for God - that makes life even more tragic. After all, even if we find God - so what? Nothing will change. Everything will remain the same. The birth, growth, death, and decay of all living things will be the same as usual. Poverty, human misery, social and political insanity will remain the same in world history. To think that I myself have wasted precious years out of my precious life in search of God! For others, however, to tell me that God will meet with me but only after my death - is to me the lowest of absurdity, if it is not the highest of ridiculosity! The holy bible agrees with me: "The dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward for the memory of them is forgotten." Eccl. 9:5 Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You see, how good the lord is. He allows the writer of ecclesiastics to write his thoughts in the Holy Bible.