Saturday, October 04, 2014

Senator Rene Saguisag, Bill Gates, and the Catholic Bishops

Melinda Gates is a fervent Catholic. She and atheist Bill are worth $76B, the world's richest. I doubt if they have spent a single day insulting us, believers. Instead they work, to help, not degrade, others. Bill says: "It makes sense to believe in God. The moral systems of religion, I think, are superimportant. We've raised our kids in a religious way, they have gone to the Catholic church that Melinda goes to and I participate in." ​They have donated a lot to charity and credits same to religion and morality. Busy, they have no time to insult believers. I might have been a beneficiary of the Ford Foundation at Harvard, where I had a fine teacher in Lon Fuller, not a Catholic, but a fervent admirer of it. We communicated until he passed away. Bill spent three years at Harvard, I, only one, which may explain why I still scratch for a living, and can afford to give back to Harvard only nominal amounts; Bill has donated humongous sums. Melinda donates to contraceptive programs. Bill, asked on on condoms, begged off from discussing a "sensitive" topic. Wow, a kind compassionate sensitive atheist after our own hearts, caring for how others feel... Senator Rene Saguisag. My Dear Senator Saguisag, What about the filthy-rich Catholic Bishops as among the top investors in the Makati Stock Exchange. What charity have they given to poor in the Philippines getting only poorer, not getting any richer?. . . Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: