Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Gods of Great Thinkers

Here's the GOD of Mar Patalinjug:

Time and time again, I have characterized this biblical "God" as vicious, malicious, ferocious, vain, vainglorious, vengeful, hateful, murderous, cantankerous, and utterly devoid of what we human beings know as love and compassion. The bible verses you quote in this Post confirm what I personally think of this biblical "God."

Here's the GOD of Richard Dawkins:

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

Here's the GOD of Poch Suzara:

All, but all of my silly teachers in La Salle grade school and La Salle high school were all a GOD to me. If I disagreed with any of them on any subject - they threatened me with either being thrown out of class or suspended for several days out of school premises. Gradually, in the end, happily, luckily, fortunately - I was finally expelled out of first year high school.

No comments: