Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Letters Written years Ago

NY,NY, 08 Nov 2011 Dear Helen: Pocholo Suzara is one Filipino who uses his Cognitive Powers as they should be used - logically and rationally. As a Filipino intellectual of the First Degree, he is a rara avis. He is more of a rara avis because he is not afraid of the naked, the brutal and the unvarnished TRUTH. Poch Suzara has earned his rightful place among the world's Great Thinkers. Mar Patalinjug My Dear Mar, Thank you for your great thoughts about me. Please rest assured that I have just began the fight. I am already 74 years old. I have a few years, perhaps a few months, or who knows a few days to live on this earth. But I will do my best to deliver the promise I made to myself when I was 14 years old - expelled out of La Salle high school: In the years ahead, I promised I will somehow play a role, a part, no matter how puny, or how insignificant in the ambitious task of bringing down the evil monster that's keeping us Filipinos spiritually poor as a people and morally frightened as a nation - the evil monster otherwise more known as Christianity in the Philippines. Established here since the 16th century. Indeed, it is not enough to rock the Christian boat in the Philippines. It is time that we sink it permanently out of its existence. Let us give our children and children's children a fighting chance to learn how to live the good life - one inspired by love of this world and guided by knowledge of this world. In this way, like the few of us today, they too will have found a purpose to leave this world one day a better place than we found it. Cheers! Poch Suzara San Lorenzo Village, Makati city Nov. 9, 2011

2 comments:

Poch Suzara said...

NY, 09 Nov 2011

Poch:

I know you will take good care of yourself--and thus probably live to be at least 90.

Why, that's only 16 years away!

Think of what you can do for the benefit of Filipinos in those 16 years.

At the rate you are going, I am sure it's going to be a lot.

Take care.
MarP

Anonymous said...

POCH SUZARA FOR PRESIDENT