Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Old Age

I got to be 76 years old this year. Friends and relatives are wondering why I am, as ever, still bullish against insane religion that's keeping us Filipinos spiritually poor as a people; and morally backwar as a nation! Indeed, both religion and politics in cahoots together keeping us Filipinos deprived away from the wonders of science only to stay famous as the Sick Man of Asia! Well, old age, like any other age, is the time to struggle away from silly biblical revelation. It is time to be involved with intelligent evolution. Indeed, human life on this earth should be about the struggle for humanity to enjoy human decency locally and to enjoy terrestrial sanity globally. Precisely, to put away all that silly business of divinity always in cahoots with deviltry. No doubt, it is a waste of time. It is an impossible dream. But my dear reader, what about you - how do you waste your precious time? You are accomplishing WHAT in this God-forsaken world of ours? Brief, short, and fleeting as life is on this earth! I said it before, I say it again: instead of looking forward to a better life to come after death, it makes more sense to try and leave this world a better place than how we found it. Not in the material, but in the humanitarian sense. Otherwise, there will be no reason for our having lived. In the meantime, today may be the last day of my life. Whatever or however the case may be, I am, as always, still happily singing loud and clear - my favorite song: "For, what is a man, what has he got, if not himself then he has not, to say the things he truly feels, and not the words of one who knees, the record shows I took the blows, and did it MY WAY! It is, in this way, that I continue to be a man of vision, ambition, and revolution. I have more than enough ingredients to carry on my lifetime struggle against the evils of revelation. Poch Suzara

2 comments:

Poch Suzara said...

NEW YORK, 25 April 2012

Poch:

In advance, allow me to sincerely greet you

A TRULY HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY!

You have lived a good and useful life, that's for sure. You have opened the eyes and minds of many people. You have challenged the false faith of many religionists who have tragically lived under the illusion, or hallucination, or delusion, that there is a transcendent but invisible being up and out there in the unimaginably vast Cosmos, whom they call "God," who they think can be counted upon to take good care of them when this physical life is over.

Decide to live at least 10 more fruitful years.

Continue the good work.

MarP

Anonymous said...

Hi Poch,

I don't want to miss greeting a very rare thinker on your 75 years of existence on this wonderful planet!

Happy Birthday mate!CHeERS!