Sunday, April 29, 2012

We welcome the pain of Problems

"As Benjamin Franklin said, 'Those things that hurt, instruct.' It is for this reason that wise people learn not to dread but actually welcome problems and actually welcome the pain of problems." M. Scott Peck, Psychiatrist If I may add, there is neither spiritual growth as a man or as a woman nor intellectual development as a human being without problems. Therefore we should welcome the pain of problems. Good news make us weak. Poch Suzara, Atheist

1 comment:

Jekongz said...

Thank you for sharing Benjamin Franklin's perspective on problems. I never saw problems as such, in fact, I dreaded having problems. I have always wanted my life to be smooth sailing and carefree. But when faced with the realities of my day-to-day life, I am left dazed and confused. Perhaps looking at problems from Benjamin Franklin's point of view will help change the way I approach my life's problems.