Monday, December 31, 2012

Religious mediocrity or Political Stupidity

Most men never rise above viewing things as object of desires- hence their misery under intellectual timidity; but to see things purely as object of understanding is to rise to the freedom of enhancing one's intellectual capacity. Indeed, none of the higher mental processes are required to keep one' faith in Catholicism. However, the advocate of change, progress, and development, on the contrary, must have a certain degree of intellectual courage in order to be able to conceive of anything different from what exists. For my part, under our freedom and democracy, I have the right to write what I want. And it is matched by another right just as powerful: the right of others not to read what I write. My freedom of expression includes the freedom to shake some sense into our college-educated politicians in or out of government that's keeping us Filipinos spiritually poor as a people; and, morally bankrupt as a nation. I said it before, I say it again: the freedom of thought is far more precious than the freedom of expression; for, devoid of thought we can only express, at best, religious mediocrity; or, at worst - political stupidity. Poch Suzara

No comments: