Thursday, May 04, 2006

As an Atheist

I stand alone. It matters little to me if there were 10 or 100 or 1,000 or 10,000 or even 1,000,000 other atheists standing behind me. As an atheist, I have no need of other atheists to hold my hands especially as I struggle against the never- ending evils of superstition otherwise more popularly known as religion. To be worthy of atheism one must only carry on with the joys and beauty of intellectual courage. After all, all the great virtues are the virtues of men who stand alone.
In the meantime, as an atheist, let it be clearly understood that I do not believe in the existence of the God of the Catholics. I do not believe in the existence of the God of the Protestants. I do not believe in the God of the Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, or even in the God of my own creation, another omni-absent, good-for-nothing, supernatural -the ever mysterious and never so serious - Pocholian God! Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you cant be serious that you don't believe in the "Invisible Pink Unicorn"! Blasphemy! Hehe.

Anwyay, I myself have taken great lengths to explain the concept of atheism to other people. In theory, atheism is supposed to be easier to grasp than theism because I believe that man's innate mode is to be atheist.For some reason, man is very impressionable in his early years - and I guess that's why most people develop hardline connections with their religions and so-called gods.

Im so irked by the stereotypes, i dont even want to debunk them all.