Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Love

To love my mother and father, brothers and sisters, friends and other relatives, or even to love my country was hardly an issue at the foundation of my education at De la Salle University. In fact, I was taught to love Jesus first and foremost. However, since Jesus was never around to reciprocate love and affection for him, I learned in the end to love and to respect only his priests and nuns, bishops, cardinals, and his pope. As I was just one of the millions of such students, I imagined the impact of such teachings on the Filipino mind as a people, and on the Filipino heart as a nation.
My dear reader, if you have some other logical explanation as to why we Filipinos are impoverished spiritually, bankrupt morally, childish emotionally, insane socially, and frightened biblically; in brief, why, in this 21st century, we are the Sick Man of Asia, I would be most anxious to learn from you. Poch Suzara

No comments: