Monday, May 08, 2006

Catholicism

As a devout Catholic during the first 18 years of my life, I was then good; unfortunately, good for nothing. I loved Jesus more than I loved my mother and father and my sisters and other relatives and friends. I was always ready and willing to defend the values and beliefs of Christianity. I could not care less about the human family. I could not care less about the plight of humanity. I certainly had no feeling of urgency to participate in the struggle for either social sanity or for peace on earth and goodwill to all men living in harmony. Mine, indeed, was the triumph of faith; but a dismal failure in education. It was the philosopher Bertrand Russell – who showed me that there is more life than just my silly beliefs. Who showed me the way towards grace as to why I should always be on the side of the human race. Indeed, to love mankind, not for what they are to the outward eye, but for what imagination shows that they have in them to become. Poch Suzara

No comments: