Monday, May 29, 2006

Work of Fiction

No matter how a reader views a work of fiction, it cannot be denied that reading fiction shapes imagination, stirs emotion, and stimulates the intellect. Such is Dan Brown’s best seller the Da Vinci Code – 60 million copies sold and translated into 24 different languages worldwide.
The church claims that it does not manipulate revealed truth. It only serves the truth. What the church really means is that it serves fiction as the revealed truth has yet to be revealed. In the Da Vinci Code novel, a historian asked: what if the greatest story ever told is a lie? I watched the movie, then I read the book.Dan Brown indeed is a great writer. A better author than all the bible writers put together. Dan Brown makes his readers think. He teaches his readers to question and therefore to become less gullible.
To Dan Brown, please accept my deepest apologies for having written criticisms against you. My attack against you was based on catholic ignorance about your work. I am sorry, but now I know better. Thank you. Poch Suzara

No comments: