Saturday, September 24, 2005

If God exists

If God exists he knows in His heart that for a great many years I prayed nightly for Him to destroy the devil. The same devil who was always leading me to commit mortal sins; if not for me to tolerate the crimes committed against our country by God-fearing men and women. God never answered my prayers. He and the devil can therefore go take a hike. I don’t want to have anything to do with such supernatural beings. In the meantime, I ask: What if it turned out that the Supreme being is not a God, but a Goddess? For my part, I would have no problem loving a Goddess; but for me as a man to be loving of a God would be the height of absurdity. Poch Suzara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was 14 years old, I prayed nightly to God to either let me die in my sleep and go to heaven OR that when I woke up the world would be a better place. Everyone would be beautiful, wealthy and happy. For two years, I was always disappointed when I woke up in the morning. But then I learned to change myself instead of changing the world and things got better not only for me but for all those I have to deal with.

I am a little disappointed that you would be sexist in your idea of love. Are you talking about eros or agape, concupiscence or benevolence? I have loved and can love people of my sex in the sense of agape and benevolence. I admire them and wish them well. Have you never done that and felt that way? For example, although I have never met him, I love Pope Benedict XVI and pray for him daily. How much easier it is therefore to love God in a non-carnal way because he is pure spirit.

John Paraiso said...

Dear deusvolt,
How can you love something that don't exist. And if it really exist and claimed to be powerful, then why does evil still exist? Got that?

Anonymous said...

evil my dear came out of human will and not from God. simple philosophy...

Poch Suzara said...

Thanks for admitting that evil came out of human will and not from God. It, however, makes the issue even more complex because you are also admitting that humans did not come from God? Whatever the case, I ask: where did God come from if we all came from God? Poch Suzara