Saturday, September 24, 2005

Satan and God

Satan hates the existence of God. God hates the existence of Satan. For my part, I should think that if the two supernatural beings really existed, they should have already settled their endless war via either getting rid of the other. I am told, however, that both God and Satan are still alive and endlessly fighting to win over human souls for heaven, or, as the case may be – for hell. Don’t they have more noble ambitions in life? What’s the big deal about winning my silly soul? I don't want it. I don't need it. They can have it. Poch Suzara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not wish to contradict you but would just like to present another viewpoint. Some theologians say that Satan does not hate God. As Lucifer, his highest creation, he loved God. But it became a twisted jealous love when God created man.

I find this believable because I have seen in the human context how love can easily turn into hate. Many men and women I know hate their spouse (or ex) above all other people. And to think that sometime ago, they felt they could not go on living without the other.

John Paraiso said...

God is perfect and all his creations are perfect. He created angels and Lucifer thus making Lucifer's wisdom as perfect on God's way.

Question: How on hell does a perfect creation (both on beauty and wisdom) becomes twisted?

Anonymous said...

Leibniz, a philosopher-mathematician who disputed and completed Newton's laws of motion by improving on the concept of velocity as how it adds to mass, believed that God created "the best of all possible worlds." (Voltaire made fun of this in his novel Candide.)

From this, I conclude that God could not create absolute perfection since that would be creating another God which would be a contradiction. Nevertheless, the best possible world created by God was marred by sin and so we are enjoined by St. Paul "to restore all things in Christ." In certain Gnostic sects, the Devil is seen to be God's elder son with Jesus as the younger. He (Lucifer) was God's companion in creation and somewhere along the way, they got into an argument. A scheming Devil still wanting to have his way with creation is the subject of a humorous film Time Bandits. You can look up the same with my review in IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base).---Deusvolt