Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Republic Act 1425 or the Rizal Law

I am told that I am a silly man because I am highly critical of our system of education and yet, at the same time, as I have also the greatest respect and admiration for Dr. Jose Rizal, I ignore the fact the Rizal himself was a product of Ateneo and the University of Santo Thomas.

I asked: So how come when it came to banned books to read due to the Index
Librorum Prohibitorum promulgated by the Catholic church, Ateneo and UST were the among the first and best universities in the Philippines to ban reading Dr. Jose Rizal's NOLI ME TANGERE and FILIBUSTERISMO?

So much so that for the purpose of honoring our hero Jose Rizal and his writings, Republic Act 1425, the Rizal law, was legislated by Congress to make the books written by Rizal required reading in all schools, colleges, and universities like Ateneo and UST! Poch Suzara

No comments: