Thursday, May 15, 2014

To Find One's Self Under Self-education

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. . . Ralph Waldo Emerson . . . For my part, as I began to notice that my teachers in La Salle grade school were teaching me how to become frightened as a follower and how to become stupid as a believer; and not how to become an intelligent thinker and how to become a wise believer - I started to entertain ways and means to get myself expelled out that academic mess. Indeed, eventually, happily, proudly, and courageously I got expelled out of La Salle high school. After which I enrolled as a lifetime student in the greatest of all universities - it is but a collection of books. In the meantime, Isaac Asimov said it for all of us to consider: “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” I entirely agree. Indeed, Education is not the preparation for death; education is what life, this life, should be all about. Poch Suzara Twitter# Facebook# Google#

No comments: