Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nature

My dear reader, nature will kill you one day. At my age of 72, however, I am sure nature will kill me first ahead of you.

Nature is cruel. It is apathetic. Indifferent to the plight of humanity. Nature is devoid of love and bereft of compassion. Millions upon millions of people nevertheless do not call it nature. They prefer to call it God. In fact, they believe the cruelty in nature is really the will of God. They are the religious morons of this world. They have neither the inclination nor the fascination to study nature, like the scientists are doing, exploring the possibilities in how nature, like a wild animal, can be tamed to behave not recklessly, but friendly and harmoniously.

Perhaps, I may not be on this earth when that day comes. But science will one day will make longevity a matter of lasting creativity. Science will conquer death. Indeed, immortality of the human body will be one day soon a reality. I hope for that day to come soon. Especially as it will finally mean the death and burial of silly theology in a Catholic cemetery. Poch Suzara

No comments: