Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh, Jesus

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have life everlasting.” John 3:16 This is the same Son of God Jesus, in Matthew 18:3 who said, “Verily, I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Well, it looks like Jesus himself never grew up. He was also an abused child. Crucified on the cross, he cried out loud: “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Too frightened while crucified on the cross, Jesus could hardly hear the voice of God who said: “I help only those who help themselves.” And to think that in the Sermon of the Mount this is the same Jesus who exhorts the multitude: “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Matt. 5:48 For my part, I thank God I was an atheist when I arrived into this world and will be an atheist when I depart dead out of this world. In the meantime, I have no fear of death because I have already experienced death for billions of years before I existed on this earth. Poch Suzara

No comments: