Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Religiously Ignorant

The religiously ignorant are so impressed with these words written in the bible:

“Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Matt 16. 18-19.

Thus, the Catholic church is founded on Peter whom, four verses later, Jesus openly calls Satan.

“But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me.” Matt.16:23

Well, according to the bible itself, if the Catholic church is founded on Peter, it is founded on Satan – a fact I have long suspected ever since I was first year high school (1952) at De La Salle University. Poch Suzara

No comments: