Monday, July 01, 2013

God Is an Atheist. So Was Jesus

Why Atheism Won’t Succeed in the Philippines by Hector Gamboa I used to embrace atheism and I used to be active in the Philippine atheist forum and community. However, during the past few years I find myself being drawn away from atheism. Did someone “save” my wretched soul and showed me the path to eternal life and salvation? No! I still believe that there is not enough evidence yet that I have witnessed and experienced that would offer sufficient proof (and arguments) for the existence of the theistic god. Given that my view on the existence of the theistic god hasn’t changed, why do I find myself being drawn away from atheism? If atheism is favored by science, evidence and reason, why is it such at a disadvantage against religious beliefs that often comes with credulity? The biggest word that comes to my mind when I think about this question is “Arrogance”. As long as arrogance lingers amongst the vocal proponents of atheism in the Philippines, I just do not see it prospering in the country despite the feeding programs, conventions, public debates and media mileage its organizations have.

Response

My dear Hector Gamboa, I invite you to carefully read God's first commandment: "THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME." This means God does not to believe in the existence of other GODS - and that makes God an ATHEIST. Well, obviously this logic puts the frightened believers in a complicated situation since you all believe, love, and worship a God who is an atheist! And you people cannot even see this simple truth due, apparently, to your faith in blind faith! But here is something clearer to see: Look at the Son of God Jesus. He was also an atheist. Crucified on the cross Jesus cried out loud: "MY GOD, MY GOD WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?" Obviously, Jesus was an atheist. He did not believe nor had He faith in God's divine plan. In the meantime, I ask: when we were born, coming out of mother's womb, did we have a religion? Did we believe in the existence of God? Isn't it a fact that no child has a religion? All babies are born atheists: free from religion. No baby is born a Catholic, a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu or a Baptist? So I am proud to be an atheist. What is the problem? If God, Himself an atheist, created me in his own image and likeness, and therefore created me to be an atheist like God - why should that bother any of you frightened religious saps? Cheers! Poch Suzara, Father of Atheism in the Philippines.

1 comment:

Ken said...

You're simply wrong, Poch. There is only one, true, living God, Creator of heaven and earth. A person who believes. there are many gods is a polytheist, as opposed to a monotheist. God sees that as idolatry. He compares it to whoring or spiritual prostitution.