Monday, July 15, 2013

My Mother's Death July 10, 2013

My Dearest Guys and Gals, My sisters and I were all there with her when mother died last July 10 here at home at 10 a.m. She will not make it for her 100th birthday celebration in September 12, 2013. After all the religious ceremonies done, we had her remains cremated July 13. We thank you all and appreciate the condolences, flowers, and mass cards we received for her. My mother's ashes, now in an urn, is with me in my room shelved alongside my library of precious books. In time, we will transfer her urn to be together with my father's ashes in a columbarium at San Isidro church in Pasay city. Soon, I too will be dead. When it is our time to go, it is time to go. When it is not yet our time to go, not even our doctors can kill us. In the meantime, life should be about what happens to us after birth. Life should have nothing to do with what happens to us after death. The bible says: "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return." Gen. 3:19. Well, if God created me from dust in his own image and likeness, I really have to need to wager to believe whether God is dust or not. Here, however, is a more sensible wager than Pascal's: If God asked you to wager before being born or not to be born on this earth - what would you choose? In the meantime, my values as an atheist is not so much to get us into heaven, or to keep us out of hell, but to put a little bit of heaven into this earth by taking the hell out of it. This is how we atheists try to live on this earth. We think it more gracious to spread intellectual grace for the human race by rejecting ecclesiastical disgrace from divine grace! The fear of death can only follow from the fear of life. A man who lives courageously should be prepared to die at any time instantaneously. As for me, I said it before, I say it again: If death is the cessation of all that is beautiful, thoughtful, and delightful in what makes life meaningful to live it, then I say: FUCK DEATH! With much love to all, Poch Suzara Facebook# Twitter# Atheist# Google#

1 comment:

Ken said...


In a universe of blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

—Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life (Basic Books, 1995), 95.