Friday, July 19, 2013

In the End Dr. Jose Rizal was not a Jesus Follower

Here are words uttered by Jesus - words never emulated by Dr. Jose Rizal in any of his writings. A great many innocent Filipinos, however, frightened by blind faith, believe that Dr. Jose Rizal himself was inspired by the teachings of Jesus. Nothing could be farther away from the truth. Listen attentively to the messages of Jesus. Messages that Dr. Jose Rizal as a thinker totally rejected like any other decent Filipino thinker should totally reject: If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." Luke 14:26 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Matt. 10:37 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me. Luke 19:27 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Matt. 10:34 If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. John 15:18 But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead. Matt. 8:22 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.1 John 2:15 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" Matt. 17:5 The Son of God Jesus, crucified on the cross, cried out loud: "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?" Matt. 27:46 For my part, after years of serious study of the life and times of Jesus as He is depicted in the holy bible - the deeper I learned to appreciate the power, the beauty, the necessity, and the sanity of atheism. Poch Suzara

1 comment:

Ken said...

Poch, list the top ten things you love most in your life: family, pleasure, joy, peace, music, friendship, laughter, food, beauty, color. Then kiss them forever goodbye, if you die in your sins. Just because Jose Rizal was a skeptic should not prevent you from rejecting the notion that nothing created everything.