Saturday, July 06, 2013

I Am Proud of My Intellectual Freedom

Mental slavery is mental death, and every man who has given up his intellectual freedom is the living coffin of his dead soul. --- Robert G. Ingersoll For my part, I love my intellectual freedom. I enjoy THINKING far more than I enjoy PRAYING. It is, in this way, that I also enjoy fighting to end the greatest evil that's keeping our country poor and backward: mental slavery more known as Christianity. During my formative years in school, I got expelled because I was not afraid to convey to my teachers in class that I love to QUESTION more than I cared for the answers. In the meantime, in La Salle grade school and high school, nothing was important to us students except to repeat and repeat this prayer to: "ST JOHN BAPTIST DE LA SALLE, PRAY FOR US. LIVE JESUS IN OUR HEARTS, FOREVER." Hell, I thought I better get the hell out of that insane mess. I did! Luckily! Happily! Proudly! Creatively! Poch Suzara Atheist# Facebook# Twitter# Google#

5 comments:

Dee said...

Mental slavery is mental death, and every man who has given up his intellectual freedom is the living coffin of his dead soul. --- Robert G. Ingersoll For my part, I love my intellectual freedom. I enjoy THINKING far more than I enjoy PRAYING. During my formative years in school, I got expelled because I was not afraid to convey to my teachers in class that I loved the QUESTIONS more than I cared for the answers. In the meantime, in La Salle grade school and high school, nothing was important to us students except to repeat and repeat this prayer to: "ST JOHN BAPTIST DE LA SALLE, PRAY FOR US. LIVE JESUS IN OUR HEARTS, FOREVER." Hell, I thought I better get the hell out of that insane mess. I did! Luckily! Happily! Proudly! Creatively! Poch Suzar

First of all, what a dedicated writer you are! I'm inspired to be as disciplined as you in writing. You must love writing.
Que bueno que hablas espanol. De donde eres?
It seems as though you have had a rough Catholic experience... and everything you are writing seems to come from what you experienced. I am so sorry you have gone through such 'mental slavery' in the past through your ex-Catholic religion.

However, you do not know the true Christian God. Your writing would be a bit different if you knew who God really was. And it is possible that your experience helped portray the wrong god and now you're all out against this 'wrong god'. And I agree with you... if I thought God was such, I understand why I'd want to be an atheist.

But the true God is different than your god... He made you and loves you. He wants to show you who He really is, so that you will then, write for His glory.

Poch Suzara said...

Dear Dee,
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day of your life. And has has a list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any, any, of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and ash and torture where he will send you to suffer and burn and scream and cry forever until the end of time! - - - But he loves you. And
He loves you and he needs money! George Carlin

Anonymous said...

Dee, what is the true Christan god? - Norm

Anonymous said...


Dee,what about the non christian gods?-ABC

Ken said...

Poch, please explain how free will or thought can exist according to your view of reality. How is free thought possible? If we are mere biology and nothing more, our thought processes and our responses to any and every situation are completely predetermined by our genetic programming. My thoughts are purely cause and effect bio-chemical processes. I am no more "free" to think or choose apart from my genetic programming than a weed is to grow apart from its genetic code. This means that choice and thought must be illusions. My worldview explains free thought and choice. It explains why these interchanges of opinions have meaning. Please tell me how your view can explain these things.