Saturday, November 23, 2013

Faith Against Thought

Isn't it enough to see a garden that is beautiful without having to believe that there are silly gardeners of God at the bottom of it keeping it that way? . . . Well, isn't enough to appreciate the beauty of thought without having to believe that it is inspired by the existence of the silly devil? . . . Indeed, the thought that provokes thought is much more precious than the thought that is merely the silly reflection of stupid faith. . . After all, a man of faith is like a drunkard who clings to a lamppost for support; not illumination. . . In the meantime, the bible says: "without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. . . Hebrews 11:6. . . Excuse me, but in La Salle grade school, we were taught to believe that God exists here, exists there, and exists everywhere. Why then should I seek God who is already existing above me, below me, in front of me, and in the back of me, indeed, already existing around me? In the meantime, like damned faithfools, must we admire the blind theologian who says that one day, he was looking for a black cat that was not existing inside a dark room but found it? Poch Suzara

No comments: