Friday, November 08, 2013

What or Who is God

"The atheist does not say 'there is no God,' but he says 'I know not what you mean by God; I am without idea of God'; the word 'God' is to me a sound conveying no clear or distinct affirmation. ... The Bible God I deny; the Christian God I disbelieve in; but I am not rash enough to say there is no God as long as you tell me you are unprepared to define God to me." -- Charles Bradlaugh . . . Oh my dear Charles Bradlaugh, in the Philippines, GOD means Jesus, the Jewish Son of a Virgin Mary impregnated by the Holy Spirit more than 2,000 years ago. As to who or what the Holy Spirit is, nobody knows, not even the millions of college educated men and women know what "holy" means. Or whether the existence of something holy is a He or a She or an It. In the meantime, I am often asked: Why does it bother me that other people believe in God? . . . In a nutshell, for the same reason it SHOULD bother you: to have frightened saps and jerks who are mentally sick, pushing their lies and deceptions and delusions upon the rest of society, specially to twist and distort the the innocent minds of children in school! . . . Poch Suzara

No comments: